by Staff Writers
Moscow (UPI) Oct 7, 2011
Russia's space agency Roscosmos says it has decided to abandon the development of its Rus-M booster rocket because of inadequate funding.
"We do not need a new rocket, we will use those that we have," Roscosmos chief Vladimir Popovkin said Friday.
While more than 37 percent of the Roscosmos budget was allocated to develop a launch vehicle by 2015, Popovkin said, the funding is insufficient "so the launch of a new booster in 2015 is not in question."
Popovkin made the remarks in a question-and-answer governmental session in the lower house of Russia's Parliament, ITAR-Tass reported.
Rocket Science News at Space-Travel.Com
Comment on this article via your Facebook, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail login.
NASA Tests Deep Space J-2X Rocket Engine at Stennis
Picayune MS (SPX) Sep 30, 2011
NASA conducted a 40-second test of the J-2X rocket engine Sept. 28, the most recent in a series of tests of the next-generation engine selected as part of the Space Launch System architecture that will once again carry humans into deep space. It was a test at the 99 percent power level to gain a better understanding of start and shutdown systems as well as modifications that had been made ... read more
|The content herein, unless otherwise known to be public domain, are Copyright 1995-2011 - Space Media Network. AFP and UPI Wire Stories are copyright Agence France-Presse and United Press International. ESA Portal Reports are copyright European Space Agency. All NASA sourced material is public domain. Additional copyrights may apply in whole or part to other bona fide parties. Advertising does not imply endorsement,agreement or approval of any opinions, statements or information provided by Space Media Network on any Web page published or hosted by Space Media Network. Privacy Statement|